One of the application requirements for the Double Degree program in Computational Engineering is a bachelorʼs degree in Computational Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or any engineering discipline. Since the program contains components from computer science, engineering and applied mathematics, it is important that applicants have a sufficient background in these areas.
Additional information on the registration process for FAU can be found here.
- your Curriculum Vitae ( CV)
- your letter of motivation (VERY IMPORTANT, please tell us WHY you chose the Double Degree program in CE at FAU as well as WHY you chose your specific Technical Application Fields)
- your secondary school leaving certificate (and English translation) (High school certificate)
- university entrance exam (if available, e.g. Iran)
- your university certificates (and English translation). In case you do not have your Bachelor certificate at the time of applying to FAU we need a confirmation of your university that you will get the Bachelor’s certificate soon
- the international transcript (grades sheet) of the courses you have attended
- Due to the international orientation, the modules of the program are offered in English requiring the students to submit their proof of English language skills. TOEFL score report (OR other proof of English, in case your Bachelor´s has been in English a confirmation of the university is sufficient)
- IELTS: 7.0 or similar
- APS certificate (China)
- any certificates of English or German language courses you have taken part in
- GRE is not mandatory, but if you have a certificate it is very helpful
In order to formalize your registration at USI we invite you to fill in our application form by 30 September and send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- FAU admission notification
- scans of your bachelor transcript & degree (we accept documents or translation in English, German, French or Italian)
- a passport-style picture in .jpg (neutral background)
- English language certificate
We remind you that B2-level English competency is required start at USI, and at the latest before you graduate you must have obtained C1-level competency.
This can be achieved by passing the C1-level course offered at USI, or by submitting one of these certificates:
- IELTS: 7.0
- TOEFL: Internet-based: 100
- Cambridge English: CAE (Advanced certificate), grade C or above / BEC (Business English), grade C or above
- TOEIC: Listening & Reading: 945, Speaking: 180, Writing: 180
If you have any questions or doubts about the application form or anything else USI-related, don’t hesitate to get in touch – we’d be happy to help.
We also accept late registrations, but this depends on available capacity within the FAU/USI double-degree programme. Please contact the study coordinators at Olaf Schenk (USI) and Felix Schmutterer (FAU).